Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

RAMP + OBSTACLE concept sketches!

These should make the race a bit more interesting!..

I want to make the ramps really flex with the flow of my track, avoiding rigid areas and abrupt stops.
I want to give the players variation in the routes they take throughout the race as well...

As for obstacles, I had a couple ideas...

1 - Jump Turrets - Randomly triggered ramps that can catapult racers.
2 - Incinerators - Randomly triggered blasts of fire from walls. Damage racers.
3 - Spike Ram - Activated by a driver. Spike trap appears on the track behind triggering driver. Destroys any vehicle that hits it.
4 - Draw Bridge - First driver over the bridge causes the bridge to raise, providing a difficult jump for other racers, yet allows reaching a different route.



I want my race track to resemble a futuristic super-highway that weaves through a massive city on a foggy night. This old digital painting I did captures the style I'm going for quite well!..


Theres going to be a lot of basic geometry going on in this map.
I figured skyscrapers will fit in just fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment