Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

REAL LIFE STUNTS for RACING GAME!

Our main project this semester is going to be a massive effort by the entire class.
Each student will make a race track, a four-wheeled vehicle, a character (including rigging) for that vehicle, and a useable weapon for that character. 
This will be done through each of our 3 major classes.
All of these assets will be combined to create a multiplayer racing game in the end.

I'm super stoked!..

The tracks we'll be making will be full of ramps, obstacles, and boosts to make the player experience a bit more exciting. 

I have a couple concepts bouncing around in my head, but first things first,
here are some real-life stunts I thought would be good to draw from...

I admired a couple of these ramps and jumps in this monster truck rally.
I also like the rough, man-made look of the ramps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8N8h0z0xpU

Danny Way, an extreme vert skateboarder, is renown for his awesome air time.
This is a man we can definitely learn from when constructing jumps for our levels.
The video also has some great ramps and wall rides I would like to incorporate into my track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJVLEMbO8cs

In terms of a mega ramp for the race however, I think Travis Pastrana takes the cake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW0I6i62kT4

This Brazilian bike race I found is mind blowing! I studied the entire course and the thing I enjoyed most about it were the brief "slow" areas before the massive jumps and speed boosts. It gave the bikers a chance to study their surroundings before plummeting into the wrong direction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8FbxlFX1U

I covered a lot of ramps in this post, I know.
But for a worthy obstacle in my track, I gotta give a shout out to DEATH RACE!
Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL4IvoR7tw

Thanks for checking out these different stunts!
Tomorrow I'll be posting up my very own concepts for the race...

No comments:

Post a Comment