Translate

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NEW YEAR Thesis Pitches!

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR ERRRRRYBUDDY!

Secondly, I just got back to school and we've already begun sifting through ideas for senior year. 

For our major, we have to make a legitimate game trailer, as if the game was being sold in stores today. Initially, the goal of this thesis is to show off your unique skills as a modeler/environment artists.

I presented 5 pitches yesterday. Two of the pitches were solo, while the other three were with 3 separate classmates. In the end, the class votes on a single pitch. Whether it's solo, or group, it will be your project for the next 5 weeks until it is wiped and start over with 5 other fresh ones.
Here are some concept paintings I did for each pitch in my presentation...

1. The New Age "The last hope for mankind."



2. Vengeance "Unveil your true power."


3. Red Wind "The real war lies beyond the clouds."


4. Starscream "Shatter the silence of space."


5. Zephyrboard Racer "Speed, balance, and precision are your only ally."


The class ended up voting on Red Wind, which was one of the two solo pitches I did. 
I'm still pretty stoked that they picked it though. 
Here's a brief summary for it:

The game takes place during World War I, in an alternate future.
The infamous Red Baron never died in battle and the Central Powers have driven the Allies out of Europe. Now, Germany is on the offensive. 
Play as one of the many skilled pilots under the Baron's elite force, his Flying Circus. 
Customize your biplane with an assortment of weaponry and paint schemes. 
Commence in spectacular aerial combat over great cities like New York and London and 
take the fight to the Allies doorstep!




No comments:

Post a Comment